- Mrs. Marsupial's Tea Party, written and submitted to the Cafe Doom contest in October, took the silver medal for good behavior at Cafe Doom...subbed it to Clarkesworld (rejected), and is now in-slush with Sybil's Garage.
- Started and completed Contract of Men, which now sits with GUD.
- Started and completed Filtered White Light, out with AGNI.
- Started and completed The Tucker Farm Incident for Dark Jesters (also pending).
- Knocked out about 20k of Mojave, doubted my storyline, and put it aside to simmer.
- Clearing (version 2.2) (does everyone version their stories, or just me?) accepted for the online edition of Abandoned Towers
- Inspired by the story started in Tucker Farm, started a new story-of-indeterminate-length called Seattle Pizza Company v. The State of Washington. I knocked out about 3100 words last night, which I think is my one-day record.
In addition to working an insanely busy job in banking, raising a family, trying to keep my old house from falling over, having a year-round infatuation with Halloween special effects, and trying to break into writing, I also do some programming on the side, and just knocked out a massive project that has been dogging me for over a month--which frees up a little more time for the other things on the list, and takes the stress quotient down a bit.
It's 8:30am on the west coast, and is now time to concentrate on the job that pays the bills. Tonight, back to the Seattle Pizza Company.