Thursday, March 12, 2009

Funk all around

I always thought the Kindle was pretty portable and forgiving when it came to Mobibook and other non-Amazon formats...apparently, such is not the case, and Amazon is issuing DMCA takedown notices for people who try to facilitate putting non-Amazon-purchased books on the Kindle. Another reason to buy the Sony, I suppose.
##
Another link from Slashdot...a mind-blowing mashup of totally disparate and unrelated clips woven into a single funky-ass song. Just awesome.



4 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Cool beans : )

Jamie Eyberg said...

Someone went to a lot of trouble but it sounds like something I would play in my shop.

I have heard those issues with the Kindle. It makes me want to lean towards Sony as well.

Aaron Polson said...

Get yo funk on!

It's a Sony. Go for it. I have a big love/hate thing with Amazon.

K.C. Shaw said...

Well, I've had my Sony for less than twelve hours and I'm already mad in love with it. The book I read on it this afternoon was a pdf I'd downloaded from a small publisher, and not a Sony-bought book at all. It worked perfectly fine.

The Kindle's restrictions was one of the main reasons why I bought a Sony. And now Amazon is going to be losing a lot of money from me as I buy more ebooks, and not through them.