Friday, September 5, 2008

Bloggle-Dee-Dee

As much as I don't relish the thought of managing yet another website, I'm liking the ability to read other author's blogs easily and keep all of my links and posts somewhat aggregated instead of pouring over RSS feeds in Outlook...so...we'll try this out.

My plan is to x-post the more news-type posts related to my writing and authorishness to my vanity domain http://jeremydbrooks.com/...I guess at the end of the day, I want that to by my professional brochure, and this to be my social workspace, and I'll try to keep my family domain mostly about, well, family stuff. We'll see how that goes...as for http://gristleandsmoke.wordpress.com/ ...well, I still like the concept of a web serial and I have fun when I'm writing about Buckeye the dead antique collector, but I keep running out of spare time to visit them over there and write another episode. Maybe I'll give it another month of trying to make time, and if it doesn't work, I'll take it down and maybe make it into a short story.

I've found quite a few Blogger/Blogspot sites written by authors in much the same boat I am in (short story subs, working toward full-length novel/novellas, maybe trying to make a living at it eventually), and I have enjoyed reading their journals chronicling them going through much of the same things I am every day: measuring days in word-counts, keeping track of submissions, trying to balance a normal life around this obsessive hobby we share of making shit up and writing it down. Makes me feel like maybe I'm not as nuts as it sometimes seems.

No comments: