Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009 Pic Dump

Not much to say on this that readers of this blog don't already know...yesterday was a crazy Halloween adventure. It took me 2 full days to set up the garage haunt, and I'm sure it will take me most of today to clean it up (if I can stop procrastinating and get out there). We didn't count but I'm sure we had at least 300 visitors, maybe 350. It was fun...everything worked, no props failed. The only real disappointments were the Pepper's Ghost (it is sooo hard to get that illusion right...maybe next year), I ran out of red dye for the fountain (which also leaked, but not until we were ready to close shop) and my costume. As usual, I threw it together at the last minute after working in the garage all day, and it kind of sucked. Also, not to self: when you have a complex, somewhat fragile haunt to manage in the dark, don't wear a prosthetic that covers one of your eyes. That was just dumb. I kept knocking stuff over lurking around behind the scenes to adjust the fogger, manage cords, etc.

So, without further ado, a photo and video dump:

"Lobby" of the garage (daytime)


Hanging Pepper's Ghost (notice the ghost image and my reflection in the glass)



Notice the Bone Collector over my shoulder in mid-lightning flash


This one reminds of of Silence of the Lambs






Kind of a cool minimilast shot of the skull from Pepper's Ghost floating through the air


And two vids: the first one is standard def with normal lighting, so it's kind of hard to see everything


Second is a full walkthrough with my HD camerca, once in daytime, once in infrared (I think you can click on the video to see it in HD).

Garage Haunt Walkthrough from Jeremy D Brooks on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Kick. Ass : )

Aaron Polson said...

Sweet. I was stuck as a Lego man on Saturday. What I would give for a few skulls and some moans.

Katey said...

Coolest garage EVER. All that hard work paid right the hell off, didn't it? If I had a hat, I'd be tipping it.

Cate Gardner said...

You and your family are far too cool...

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Thanks all... :-)

Jamie Eyberg said...

That was pretty sweet. When do you find time to do anything else?

Jeremy D Brooks said...

I know, that's why I have to start in January...

Anonymous said...

This is SO COOL!!

Next year I'm so going to crash your garage. Just sayin'.

Seriously, I made my husband come look at these pics. He pointed out that he put Halloween cling-ons on our front window, thankyouverymuch.

-Mercedes